Friday, June 6, 2014

Passions, fulfilling your reason that you are... You.

So this is a topic very near and dear to my heart. I am a musician. I play the violin, piano, trumpet, and I'm a vocalist as well. It's my passion, although it strikes me at odd times sometimes. There are days I don't want to play. I don't want to pick up my violin and make music, or I don't want to play the piano. It happens. But somehow I manage to drag myself to my music and after I finish playing I feel awakened almost. 

I write this post tonight because I had a very special moment involving music tonight. It's a moment that I feel embodies passion at it's finest. I was playing the moonlight sonata on the piano. It's a melancholy song but it is so beautiful. I'm no pro at playing this piece but tonight I was not feeling my best. I felt the need to sit down and play. I played the song all the way through 7 times. It captured all of my emotions perfectly and after I finished I didn't feel sad, or run down, or tired anymore. I felt like I had been woken up. I felt renewed. 

That's what passion is. It is us. It makes us feel like we can fly. I encourage you all to go find your passion. If you already know what it is then go and do it. Do what makes you feel like you can fly. Let your soul soar. Let yourself be happy. ❤️

Much love,
Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment