Saturday, June 14, 2014

Meatless Monday recipe!

I apologize this wasn't posted on Monday, the publishing failed but it's here now!

So for my delicious dinner tonight I prepared some low fat vegan tostadas! They were so so yummy and I'm excited to tell you about this lovely meal. 

Ingredients:

For the tostadas:
Corn tortillas (I used food for life brand sprouted organic corn tortillas)
Organic  black beans (if using cannedj  beans, rinse and drain) 
Diced Tomato 
Avocado 

For the sauce:
Sriracha (I use an organic brand)
Organic Spicy brown mustard
Apple cider vinegar
Agave if desired 

I broiled the tostadas at 500 degrees farenheit for 5-7 minutes because I love them crispy. To prepare them just place the tortillas on a baking sheet and put everything on them! Feel free to add anything else you'd like on them.

The sauce is optional but adds lots of flavor and spice. In my opinion it makes the dish just that much better. 

I served them with broiled crispy Brussel sprouts over a bed of spinach. It was a satisfying and delicious dinner. 



Happy meatless Monday everyone!

Much love,
Riley 






No comments:

Post a Comment