Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Fitness. What do I do to stay in shape?

I get this question a lot. I'll clear one thing up right now, I'm not skinny, but I am active. I've never been one to sit around. I love the feeling of working out and the endorphins I get when I finish. Two of my absolutely favorite ways to workout are cycling (my number one!) and HIIT (I'm working  my way through wayofgray's HIIT 101 ebook right now and I'm loving it!). Cycling has been a passion of mine since I was very young (5-6). I've been surrounded by some incredible cyclists and I am very lucky to be able to say that. One of my best friends is an absolutely amazing cyclist who's far beyond my level of skill and fitness and he's taught me so much and is so inspiring to me in many ways. Cycling is a great way to get your heart pumping and it leaves you feeling great. You can make it as hard or as easy as you like. I've found that as long as you show up and do your very best, the cycling community will respect you. And let's be perfectly honest, riding bikes is fun!! 

On to HIIT, the workouts I've been doing from @wayofgray's ebooks are so awesome. They leave me feeling on top of the world and I've seen some amazing changes not only to my energy levels but my attitude towards home workouts with these workouts. HIIT stands for High Intensity Interval Training and that's exactly what it is. They're short workouts (<30 minutes) but they're hard. So give them a try! You might find you absolutely love them like I do!

Fitness should never be percieved as a burden, it should be enjoyed. It took me a very long time to get in that mindset but it is 100% true. Love yourselves enough to honor your health. 

Much love, 
Riley 

No comments:

Post a Comment