Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Vegan skin care

I'll say this before I even write anything else. I don't have perfect skin to say the least. I have moderate-severe acne. My doctor and I have ruled out everything and the acne I have now is from hormones and will hopefully clear up within the next year or so. In this post I'd like to talk about what I'm using to control my acne, as well as the vegan makeup products I use. So without further ado, here we go. 

Facial scrub, face wash, and spot treatment: I use alba botanica AcneDote. It works really well for me (and also leaping bunny program certified). 

Toner/astringent: Just plain old apple cider vinegar (I use braggs). It works wonders, trust me, it's worth the sting. 

Moisturizer: It took me forever to find a reliable moisturizer that hydrates my skin without making me breakout. The one that works for me is Lush's 9 to 5 cleansing lotion. It feels amazing on the skin and one bottle with last you forever. 

Foundation, primer, concealer, powder, and setting powder: Tarte! The worlds best skin makeup in my opinion. It feels so light and stays on all day. 100%vegan and cruelty free, and it's the only brand I've ever truly loved. 
(Products from left to right: clean slate pore less primer, Amazonian clay waterproof concealer, Amazonian clay full coverage foundation (liquid), Amazonian clay full coverage airbrush foundation (powder), smooth operator Amazonian clay pressed finishing powder) 

So that's basically it for my skin care and skin covering routine. Right now I'm too insecure to go without foundation but I go makeup-less around the house whenever possible. I've had great luck with tarte though, it's never added to my skin problems which I'm thankful. 
Questions or comments? Let me know. 

Contact:
Instagram: @riley.in.the.raw 
Email: riley.in.the.raw@gmail.com 


Much love,
Riley 

P.S. I apologize for the photo quality, I hope it doesn't bother anyone too much. 




No comments:

Post a Comment